The Saka'Do Youth Hostel is located on the west coast of Nosy Be on the road to Andilana. An ideal place to discover the island while meeting in the evening in a tropical garden with swimming pool panoramic sea views, all in a friendly atmosphere.
What does the Saka'Do hostel offer?
This hostel offers a friendly place in a house of about 120 m² with a garden and a swimming pool with an exceptional view of the sea but also Nosy Sakatia & the almost island Baobab!
Regarding the living areas, you feel at home quickly with the outdoor terrace overlooking the garden. Lounge, deckchair, ottoman, it's up to you to choose your preference to enjoy the sunset!
Inside, a large living room that can accommodate 10-12 people with TV, WIFI, library and board games makes it a warm place with direct access to American cuisine that is accessible to all.
For a total of 10 beds, even full the atmosphere remains friendly. And if you want privacy, the different lounges indoor / terrace & gardens allow you to enjoy the place as you wish.
Côté Ambiance, Laurence, mistress of the place brings a discreet touch in a guest house atmosphere via her previous experiences in Nosy Be which is presented in its own way:
How are the rooms?
3 bedrooms are available:
- Single room, garden view room with 6 beds in the room, shared bathroom
- A double room with shared bathroom in the dormitory
- A double room garden view and pool with private bathroom
What services are offered?
The principle of a hostel is autonomy, but Laurence has held a guest house for several years so she offers to make you benefit from her experience of the island:
- Diving center 5 km
- Bicycle ride to Mont Passot, Andilana beach (5km) Riding school (3km),
- Walk to Sakatia (10 min by taxi)
- Exit at night: Possibility Ambatoloaka, otherwise other restaurants: at Nono Andilana or Table Alexandre (noon only), at loulou in Andilana on the beach
How is the restoration going?
Basic, you have free access to the kitchen in hostel mode, knowing that a grocery store is available on site, then you to cook.
This is the holiday, so if you do not want to cook, Laurence offers Malagasy dishes at 15 000 Ar le plat (3 € 5)
Knowing that the day I can only advise you to discover the island of Nosy Be and discover one of the best restaurants on the island !
What are the room rates?
- Single dormitory: 10 € / person / night
- Double room: 20 € per room (2 people) / night
- Double room garden view and pool: 25 € per room (2 pers) / night
Side supplement, you have the kitchen available, but if you prefer, some ideas of price:
- 10,000 Ar for the full breakfast
- 15,000 Ar the Malagasy dish
Where is the hostel?
On the west coast of Nosy Be, 40 minutes by car from Ambatoloaka and 20 minutes from Andilana. Given the situation "far from everything", the move may be a problem, but Laurence takes care and offers all the solutions:
- Electric bikes are available for rent. You are 5 km from Andilana with its beach and restaurants.
- Touk-Touk: 4,000 Ar to Hell-city
- On request, rental of scooter / motorcycles / Quad / car possible with delivery to the hostel
- A taxi ? Laurence lives Nosy Be for a long time so will advise you a nice taxi.