Nosy Be is considered one of the most beautiful diving destinations in the Indian Ocean, where "big" and "small" rub shoulders in abundance. Unless you are an experienced diver who has made the 10 most beautiful spots in the world accessible only in specific cruises, the spots of Nosy Be will seduce you 😊
Diving in Nosy be, is it worth it?
Nosy Be is 345 days of good weather per year, and even when it's raining, it's at night, so diving is possible all year round with pleasant visibility up to 40m on the quieter spots. Wild side, barracudas, thazards, rays Eagles, fish trunk, fish flutes, trevallies, manta rays, groupers, groupers, scorpion fish and all a fauna full of color, enough to amaze everyone according to their level with dives ranging from 4 to 40m 😊
A baptism is possible?
In fine weather, warm water, lush wildlife, good visibility & the most seasonal seen above, all the ingredients are together for an unforgettable memory 😍 As much as possible, Nosy Be is the ideal place to make your baptism or that of your children !
The question that breaks is: Are the clubs in Nosy Be qualified to take us safely underwater?
If they have the training, yes. It takes a level 3 / divemaster for this. All club instructors from Nosy Be have this level. As an instructor, I can say that this level is sometimes easily given ... To be reassured, I advise you to turn to clubs with instructors / dive instructors. Nosy Be counts the only PADI 5-star club from Madagascar, no worries to do with them. A question ? Call directly +261 (0) 34 80 562 27
Can you do dive training in Nosy Be?
- Before talking about training, let's talk about Federations. Indeed, there is not a single school. To summarize :
- PADI: Recognized internationally except in France (long live France!)
- CMAS: Federation French, recognized only by the French. By cons you can dive anywhere in the world, just you can not be paid
Yes but the pay does not interest everyone, so what to choose?
- The CMAS comes from the French army system at the start. So very rigorous, not the funniest when you want to practice it in leisure mode. On the other hand you will learn how to make Trimix to go more than 80m.
- PADI wants to give access to diving for everyone. I myself, an instructor, can only direct you to this accessible system that allows you to dive up to 40m
What are the possible formations?
I will speak only of PADI which opens to me more door. you have in all 5 levels:
- Scuba Diver : In order not to always have a baptism, the Scuba Diver allows you to do framed diving up to 12m. Training requiring 5 dives & 3 theoretical courses, ie 3-4 days
- Open Water : The Open Water learns all the basics to dive with confidence, I did it in 1 day already having experience. A person with no experience, count in 4 and 7 days. so possible to do during your holidays!
- Advenced: The advenced is between 3 and 5 days. It is only dives, almost by course.The principle being to discover the different types of diving (deep / wreck / night / photo / discovery / etc
- Rescue : We learn not to take care of ourselves but people around, especially his partner because diving is always 2. In practice? It's learning to recognize shortness of breath, narcosis, prevent problems and of course react to problems. The Rescue happens in 4-6 days. Included in one EFR day is first aid on land.
- divemaster : The Divemaster (to compare to level 4 French) it passes in about 1 month, can last 6 months depending on the center, in 3 months with the Blue Vision Adventure Center. This is the 1st professional level because a Divemaster can take - guide palanquées. It is learning not to manage yourself or even a couple but 4-5 people.
- OWSIE : Concretely, only 4 real dives for this training. Most of the time it's spent in class studying. Why ? Simply because we know '' everything '' once in the water now being already Divemaster. What's left to learn? PADI pedagogy, how to teach and a deeper knowledge of the rules / theorems in order to explain them to our students because as OSWI you can train Open Water / Advenced / Rescue / EFR and make baptisms which is not so obvious. The OSWI can also last between 1 and 6 months depending on the centers
What budget for a dive?
The price for a dive:
- 40 € for a "normal" dive with equipment included. If you do several dives (2-6-10), some clubs offer a sliding scale.
- 60 € for a baptism
For trainings, I invite you to contact the club directly to discuss, different formulas exist
What are the dive sites in Nosy Be?
Nosy Tanikely National Marine Park
Other dive sites
With whom to dive?
With more than 20 dive clubs, I do not pretend to have all tested, however, I searched for those offering the best level of training / maintenance of equipment & good atmosphere 😊