Nosy Be is considered one of the most beautiful diving destinations in the Indian Ocean, where "big" and "small" rub shoulders in abundance. Unless you are an experienced diver who has made the 10 most beautiful spots in the world accessible only in specific cruises, the spots of Nosy Be will seduce you 😊
Diving in Nosy be, is it worth it?
Nosy Be is 345 days of good weather per year, and even when it's raining, it's at night, so diving is possible all year round with pleasant visibility up to 40m on the quieter spots. Wild side, barracudas, thazards, rays Eagles, fish trunk, fish flutes, trevallies, manta rays, groupers, groupers, scorpion fish and all a fauna full of color, enough to amaze everyone according to their level with dives ranging from 4 to 40m 😊
In fine weather, warm water, lush wildlife, good visibility & the most seasonal seen above, all the ingredients are together for an unforgettable memory 😍 As much as possible, Nosy Be is the ideal place to make your baptism or that of your children !
The question is: Are the clubs in Nosy Be qualified to take us safely underwater?
If they have the training, yes. It takes a level 3 / divemaster for this. All club instructors from Nosy Be have this level. As an instructor, I can say that this level is sometimes easily given ... To be reassured, I advise you to turn to clubs with instructors / dive instructors. Nosy Be counts the only PADI 5-star club from Madagascar, no worries with them.
- Before talking about training, let's talk about Federations. Indeed, there is not a single school. To summarize :
- PADI: Recognized internationally except in France (long live France!)
- CMAS: Federation French, recognized only by the French. By cons you can dive anywhere in the world, just you can not be paid
Yes but the pay does not interest everyone, so what to choose?
- The CMAS comes from the French army system at the start. So very rigorous, not the funniest when you want to practice it in leisure mode. On the other hand you will learn how to make Trimix to go more than 80m.
- PADI wants to give access to diving for everyone. I myself, an instructor, can only direct you to this accessible system that allows you to dive up to 40m
What are the possible formations?
This deserves an article apart that I invite you to discover, with the bonus of contacting the only Nosy Be PADI ***** club
The price for a dive:
40 € for a "normal" dive with equipment included. If you do several dives (2-6-10), some clubs offer a sliding scale.
60 € for a baptism
For trainings, I invite you to contact the club directly to discuss, different formulas exist
More than 20 sites on site, I invite you to discover them in pictures through this article.
And as a bonus, the direct contact of the best diving clubs on the island!
Nosy Tanikely National Marine Park
Other dive sites
With whom to dive?
With more than 20 dive clubs, I do not pretend to have all tested, however, I searched for those offering the best level of training / maintenance of equipment & good atmosphere 😊